A Breath of Fresh Air

Glimpse the Living God.

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Christmas and Zechariah

How amazing is our God?? He totally knocked my socks off this month!

So, there I was in Zechariah not totally understanding it. I was struggling and frustrated. I did my Bible study and talked it over with my friends. They all seemed to get it. Maybe my sleep deprived baby brain just couldn't rouse itself to take in such abstract prophecy. I slogged through it, clinging to the hope that no time spent in God's word is wasted.

I was listening to the song O Come, O Come Emmanuel in the car one day and the absolute desperation of a people who longed to hear their Lord's voice hit me. Zechariah is a book of parting words from a Father to His children.

When I leave my kids, I say something like, "Remember your manners, go to bed without arguing, listen to Grandma, I love you so much. I'll see you tomorrow." And I usually only leave for one evening!

God was about to stop talking to His kids for 400 years, but he leaves them with these words:
"Return to me and I will return to you...Do not be like your forefathers...Turn from your evil ways and your evil practices."(1:2-4)

In chapter 3, He removes Joshua's dirty clothes and dresses him in "rich garments". "See, I have taken away your sin." (3:4)

"This is what the Lord Almighty says: "I will save my people..I will bring them back...I will be faithful and righteous to them as their God." (8:7)

"And I will strengthen them in the Lord and in His name they will walk," declares the Lord. (10:12)

"This thrid I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like sliver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The Lord is our God.'" (13:9)


Christmas! Jesus was born! Hope to all people. God sent His son so that we could have a relationship with Him! O Holy Night!















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home