A Breath of Fresh Air

Glimpse the Living God.

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

My Friend

This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 4:10 (NIV)

She sees Him in the distance and begins pacing. “There He is! He’s been waiting for me. I feel so bad that I just kept putting Him off. What was so important? I can't even remember now.”

She stops pacing long enough to look again. Still there. What should she say? “Hey, how’s it going? You been waiting long?” No, that’s dumb. They both know He’s been waiting a while.

“Oh my gosh I am so sorry. I’ve been so busy!” Argh! How lame!

"Wow, I didn't expect to see you here." Seriously?

How about if she crawled in, laid her head in His lap and begged for forgiveness? But, she doesn’t have to beg. She already has it. So, should she walk in and just act like nothing is wrong? Just pick up with their relationship like there was no gap?

“Hey!” She jumped when she heard His voice. “Are you going to pace out here all day, or are you coming in?”

She stood there, mouth open, dumbfounded. “How much longer are you going to make me wait? I miss you!” He kissed her on the cheek.

“Tag, you’re it!” He said as He took off in the direction of that wide open space that is God’s will. Giggling, she ran after Him into the Sunshine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful! U are amazing girl, I'm so glad you're blogging!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home