A Breath of Fresh Air

Glimpse the Living God.

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Thursday, March 24, 2011

God does not live in my Quiet Times - a Conversation

“Lord, I am so frustrated!”

“I’m here.”

“I have hardly any time to spend with you. The kids are up at all hours. Even when I try to steal a few moments in the middle of the night, someone wakes up. The house is a total disaster. I’m so tired that picking up the Bible is the last thing I think I can manage at the end of the day.”

“We can spend every minute of every day together. I love that you want to spend one on one time with me, but don’t lock me up in that idea. I also want to join you at the grocery store, hold you as you hold a sick or crying child, laugh with you as you enjoy your children’s antics.”

“Talk to me as you fold the laundry, do dishes, or cook a meal. Include me on the car ride, in the Doctor’s office, at the playground, or while you’re scrubbing toilets.”

“There will be a season where you can linger over that second cup of coffee with me while we study the Word and journal together, but that season is not now. My yoke is easy and my burden is light, but you have to take me with you. I never meant for you to do it on your own.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great perspective. I like the analogy of the butterfly. Indeed we cannot change ourselves, but we can control our environment.

Randall Stevens

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home