A Breath of Fresh Air

Glimpse the Living God.

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Friday, December 14, 2012

Philippians

3:6b ...as for legalistic righteousness, faultless.

3:12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.

Paul is so in love with Jesus, he just can't get enough. "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead." (3:13b italics added)

3:16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

3:18 For as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ.
Oh Lord, break my heart for those who are far from you. May it matter to me. Help me to open my arms, my home, my heart, when all I want to do is hide.

4:1 Therefore, my brothers, you whom I love and long for...

4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always.

4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -think about such things.

What am I filling my mind with? What am I obsessed with? What do I long for? How many sentences ending in prepositions is that?

I am filled with more questions than answers and a longing to be more, do more, strive more. I am fascinated and overcome with this book called the Bible. It's freaking me out how much it's totally changing my life in ways that I never even thought to ask.

Thank you, God for this passionate love letter. Thank you, Jesus for Your gentle Spirit that I can grasp even a small molecule of it's meaning. All glory and honor and praise to You!

Reading Colossians in December. Who's with me and Flipper, here?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home