A Breath of Fresh Air

Glimpse the Living God.

Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Thursday, May 05, 2005

True Beauty

1 Peter 3:3-4
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

I am basically clueless about fashion and makeup. Most of the time, I'm thankful for that, but sometimes I wish I knew more about accessories and how to fix my hair - especially on those days when I get so frustrated that I'd rather shave my head then have to deal with my stupid hair! Sometimes I stand mezmorized by women who can match everything in their outfit - hair accessories, necklace, bracelets, shoes, and purse. It looks amazing! I always wonder if they have all that for every outfit. I wonder too, as I watch such women walk by my desk every day, if they know that there is more to them than the outside. Do they realize what wonderful people they are? Do they sense their value in the world? These days, so much worth is placed on a woman's appearance. I just want to shout - women of the world, God loves you for who you are inside!

I'm not what I would call really attractive. I can be cute - on a good day. Today is not a good day :-) I have about 5 pimples popping up (do to too much chocolate yesterday) and my face is pale since I've been sick and have not exercised in a while. However, I feel beautiful because God loves me. He says I'm beautiful b/c my beauty bubbles up from the inside. The Lord is still working on me to perfect that beauty (I am not always a nice person - I can in fact get pretty ugly at times), but it's so freeing to know that it doesn't come from me. It's a wonderful thing to be beautiful on the outside - as long as your beauty doesn't hinge on a good hair day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home